I driver nVidia per le schede video che girano sotto linux, sono stati rilasciati ieri. Se tra di voi, si cela il proprietario di un GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GTS 512 o 8800M, dovete sapere allora che questo driver offre il supporto per loro.
Ecco le principali caratteristiche dichiarate da nVidia:
• Added CUDA driver to .run file.
• Improved modesetting support on Quadro/GeForce 8 series GPUs.
• Fixed several X rendering issues.
• Fixed problems scrolling ARGB X drawables in Qt.
• Improved support for interlaced DVI, HDMI, and HDTV modesetting.
• Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 8 series GPUs.
• Fixed stability problems with some GeForce 6200/7200/7300 GPUs multi-core/SMP systems.
• Improved hotkey switching support for some Lenovo notebooks.
• Fixed a problem with Compiz after VT-switching.
• Improved RENDER performance.
• Improved interaction with Barco and Chi Mei 56″ DFPs, as well as with some Gateway 19″ DFPs.
• Added an interface to monitor PowerMizer state information.
• Fixed rendering corruption in Maya’s Graph Editor.
• Improved interaction between SLI AFR and swap groups on certain Quadro FX GPUs.
• Fixed a bug that caused corruption with redirected XV on GPUs without TurboCache support.
• Improved display device detection on GeForce 8 series GPUs.
• Improved usability of NVIDIA-settings at lower resolutions like 1024×768 and 800×600.
• Improved GLX visual consolidation when using Xinerama with Quadro/GeForce 8 series and older GPUs.
• Added experimental support for running the X server at Depth 30 (10 bits per component) on Quadro G8x and later GPUs.
• Worked around a Linux kernel/toolchain bug that caused soft lockup errors when suspending on some Intel systems.
Se volete, potete scaricare i driver per architetture i386, oppure AMD64/EM64T.